Have A Look

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WE SEE,WE EXPERIENCE,WE COMMENT...FOR OUR OWN GOOD....


      My family vacation to Langkawi last weekend was such an enjoyable but tiring moment. Actually, I planned to go to Langkawi since last year? It did not work as expected because of many problems and workload I had to face...Furthermore, at that time ,my dear hubby was still working. His retirement was on 7December 2010...till then I had to wait patiently even though every day and night I kept on dreaming about going shopping to these three famous complexes Ismail Group ,Idaman Suri and Ram 's selling cooking utensils..My only aim of going was to enjoy shopping ,not much interest of visiting interesting places and spots like Bukit Cincang Cable Car, Birds Park, Crocodile Farm, Datai Beach, Pantai Chenang, Makam Mahsuri ,Hot well, Tun Mahathir Gallery and many others...I had been to these places more than twice. So my point of going was just to buy plates (Vantage sets)…
       But, what I want to share with you is not the enjoyment of the vacation or the glamorous set of plates that I bought. I  want to get your response to WHAT I SAW AND EXPERIENCED getting the NEW FRONTIOR 6 BOAT from Kuala Perlis jetty to to Langkawi.  As we know everyone has to buy a ticket each before boating…or boarding….The 4 of us…my hubby,my second son Afif, my youngest  son Syazlan (special kid on wheel chair)..and myself.Typical of Malaysians, we brought a lot clothes,more than what we are going to change later on…so,we had to carry four big bags and another two small ones. We would be staying for three days and two nights. My hubby’s credit card’s promoter  offered him free lodging for 2 nights and three days.
        We queued up getting into the boat passing a small unbalanced temporary bridge tied to the boat, shaking  as we walked on it. Malaysia Boleh….take the challenge…then ,once you get into it,you had to put your  BAGS infront, next to the entrance. As always,those who entered first would have to place the bags on the floor,later the others would put their bags onto your bags..make sure you don’t bring along eggs, sugar,milk or oil inside the bags..By the time the boat starts its engine, you could see that there were four levels of bags on top of your bags . Our seats were from Number 51 to 54 ,my hubby booked the front seats..near to our bags...

             To my surprise, someone has occupied  one of our seats. My  hubby made my son sat on the seat labeled 51..The man  did not  tend to get up from the seat ,even though we were standing, waiting for him to move from there. What  a stubborn kind of person..Should I call him stubborn or inconsiderate? My special son  suddenly screamed and pushed the man  on his chest...The man  was still there. I had to hold my son's hand so that he did not do that again. 5 minutes later.he said , "Kerusi saya nombor 70, tapi duduk sini sekejap,ingatkan tak ramai orang boleh duduk mana-mana" . I gave no response...because I know that he had realized his mistakes. See...people's attitute.....Don't know your stand...,don't know your rights.....>Forget him....Then we sat happily enjoying action movies on TV. I did not concentrate much because my youngest son was so active, trying to move about here and there.

         After one hour,we could see Langkawi Jetty.What I don’t understand and I had to say out is THE HABITS OF OUR PEOPLE….ONCE THEY SAW THE JETTY,THEY STOOD UP FROM THEIR SEATS , AND STARTED TO STAND ALONG THE AISLE OF THE BOAT WHILE WE STILL SAT STILL ON OUR SEATS.They were very impatient to get out of the boat even though some of them knew that their bags were at the bottom of others’ bags .I looked at my watch, it was nearly 15 minutes that they had to stand while waiting for the boat to reach the jetty….WHY Are We Malaysians not patient and  strictly follow queues.? When  alighting…everyone started rushing out,and the others behind had to wait for those infront who had to get  their bags at the bottom, and had to really search for it because there were bags of the same colour and size. So, just imagine, babies crying, grandparents sat back on their seats feeling tired of waiting, some unbearable smell from those standing near you...husshhhh!!!!.
           
             Who is/are to be Blamed..? Should we blame ourselves or the Boat Company for not having Proper rules of boarding and alighting, keeping luggage at  proper places so that The First Come First Serve policy would be enjoyed by the customers…Will this sort of things be going on  forever?.Is this the only way or style that we can see or foreigners see? I don’t know….Let’s think of a better way and suggest . Who knows the next time we go, there might be changes made.
           Anyway, I enjoyed being there because I got what I wanted… The Vantage Set of plates and a Pressure Cooker…..Now I can enjoy cooking and  having good appetite with my new set   . My hubby did not comment much since he had to give away more than RM 500 for the trip…….

4 comments:

  1. Assallamualaikum Dear fadz,

    i really enjoyed reading your journey notes...and Im jealous now..Im the one who really wanted new plates and pressure cooker..but you got it first..
    insyaallah..During Chinese New year soon..I will be on that 'cemuih' boat...
    w/salam

    ReplyDelete
  2. kak fad,
    u should comment on those who always refuse to sit accordingly...suka amik jalan pintas duduk ikut suka hati.....

    BTW, check out our today's pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo...I forgot to add that la Zufa...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Zulfa 4 reminding.I've added part of the story.

    ReplyDelete